[Textbook-l] Website for Wikibookians

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 16:13:35 UTC 2007

Wikinews has wikinewsie.org, and wikipedians have wikipedian.org, so I
was thinking maybe it's high-time we had a wikibookian.org for the
members of wikibooks. It would be a site where established
wikibookians (of course, there would be a need to define
"established") could have a variety of services offered:

*Blog hosting (especially blogs about wikibooks, books,
writing/editing/authoring, education, etc)
*Email aliasing (username at wikibookian.org)
*Posts of news and announcements
*Ability to host personal information, including images, which are not
freely-licensed
*Embedded IRC client with access to #Wikibooks, #cvn-wb-en, and #en.wikibooks
*Applets and other tools specific to wikibooks (similar to the
toolserver, but primarily for wikibooks)

There are lots of things that we could do with such a domain for the
benefit of our members. I've taken the liberty of reserving the domain
name wikibookian.org to help protect it from squatters. What do people
think of this?

--Andrew Whitworth