[Textbook-l] RE: logged in users

Karl Wick karlwick at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 26 21:48:10 UTC 2003

Magnus wrote:

>The smaller pool of authors is the very reason I'd prefer
logged-in
edits only, as less "real" authors means shifting the
author:vandal
ratio in favor of the vandals.

The one reason I could see the value in this is as a choice
that an individual author could make in case he didnt trust
the wiki system yet. If we had true wiki-style open edit
books next to sign-in edit books we could see which works
better and maybe win some authors that would not otherwise
contribute. Or maybe we would lose contributers. Jimbo is
the expert here and he thinks its a no-go ...