[teampractices] Tracking team member calendars?

Guillaume Paumier gpaumier at wikimedia.org
Tue May 26 21:38:22 UTC 2015

Hi,

Le mardi 26 mai 2015, 14:30:24 Kevin Smith a écrit :

> Do we have any best practices for tracking team member vacations, travel,
> etc.? The best I heard so far is a google doc, given the privacy concerns
> of revealing when people won't be home. But the format isn't very handy if
> the team has more than 3-5 people.

I believe the practice currently encouraged at the WMF is to:
* add your vacation / travel to your own calendar, and make the event visible
to others in the privacy settings (if your calendar isn't already visible);
* invite your manager to the event.

This ensures that your manager remembers that you're away, and that other team
members can check your calendar if they wonder where you are, or want to
schedule a meeting, etc.

--
Guillaume Paumier