[teampractices] (no subject)

Quim Gil qgil at wikimedia.org
Mon Jun 8 08:23:28 UTC 2015

Thank you, very useful. I'm happy to see that our problem with code review
keeps becoming more evident, if only as a step to finally doing something
about it.

http://korma.wmflabs.org/browser/gerrit_review_queue.html shows that our
backlog of patches waiting for review keeps growing. 1542 last month, was
1033 a year ago. If you consider the time and skills it takes to produce
one patch, you may imagine the big black hole of frustration and waste of
real money we have there.

While comparing satisfaction across teams is subjective and complex,
comparing code review waiting times between WMF teams can be measured
objectively. Engineering Community is aiming to organize a first Gerrit
Cleanup Day [1] focusing on open patches submitted by volunteers, and we
could work on these metrics for the second one -- unless someone wants to
start earlier, of course.

Quim Gil
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Qgil