[teampractices] Tracking team member calendars?

Kevin Smith ksmith at wikimedia.org
Thu Jun 4 23:02:41 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 4:12 PM, Anne Gomez <agomez at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 11:50 PM, Kevin Smith <ksmith at wikimedia.org> wrote:
>

>> Being able to enter, say "search-team" as a guest, and have the system
>> auto-expand that as if I had entered 10 names is a reasonable feature. Not
>> one that exists, apparently, but it would be nice if it did.  Just today I
>> realized that I had invited 6 of our 7 team members to a meeting, because I
>> had to type all the names in, and I forgot one.
>>

> This actually is a feature, given that you use the built in gmail lists
> and not custom lists like some of ours.

Ooh. Cool. Of course, google groups are relatively rare in the foundation
(let's not open that religious debate here). But if you have one, it's nice
to know you can use it that way.

I tried creating a "contacts" group in gmail, but sadly that didn't seem to
be available to google calendar. It seems to have to be an actual google
group.

Thanks!

Kevin