[teampractices] Thesis project: Phragile - sprint overviews for Phabricator

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Tue Jan 13 21:51:10 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 3:48 AM, Jakob Warkotsch <
jakob.warkotsch at wikimedia.de> wrote:

> These features might sound familiar if you have heard of the Phabricator
> Sprint extension that Christopher Johnson is working on here at WMDE.
> Unlike this Phabricator Sprint extension, Phragile only needs access to
> Phabricator's API and OAuth Server but has no dependencies on its code and
> can be deployed externally.

Why is this a benefit? If it's hard to deploy Phabricator improvements, we
should fix that.

Having a solution that works inside Phab seems to have a better probability
of long term success if it's useful to other Phabricator users as well. I
worry that we're creating too many solutions for the same problem, again,
instead of sticking to one and making it work. Does WMDE intend to
deprecate the Sprint extension?
--
Erik Möller
VP of Product & Strategy, Wikimedia Foundation