[teampractices] Updates on maintenance fraction

Joel Aufrecht jaufrecht at wikimedia.org
Wed Dec 23 00:37:13 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I had three different meetings today that all related to the same issues of
evidence-based work tracking.  They provide some concrete examples relevant
to our ongoing discussions about TPG Q3 goals and TPG strategy, so I
thought I'd share the notes and a few provocative questions:

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Meeting_Notes/2015-12-22_Maintenance_Fraction

How exactly do TPG's Q3 goals fit into WMF's strategy and annual planning
processes?

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Meeting_Notes/2015-12-22_Weekly_Charting_Meeting

Should we treat Strategy, Evidence-based planning, and KPIs as "products"
TPG is trying to ship in Q3?  Should all of TPG come to charting meetings?

*--Joel Aufrecht*
Team Practices Group
Wikimedia Foundation