[teampractices] [TPG/URGENT-ISH] Thoughts on Gerrit Cleanup Day

Andre Klapper aklapper at wikimedia.org
Wed Aug 5 19:36:59 UTC 2015

On Wed, 2015-08-05 at 08:16 -0700, Greg Grossmeier wrote:
> e="13:43:12 +0200">
> > I would suggest doing a post-release day (branch cuts happen on Tuesday, so
> > maybe use Wed or Thu) so that if we merge a lot of patches we'll have as
> > much time as possible until the next release cut to test stuff on the beta
> > cluster.
>
> That's a great point, Joaquin, and I agree. If we see a ton of
> random-ish patches merged in random places in our code base it'd be a
> good idea to have a bit more time to test on Beta Cluster.

Quim already covered why the initial idea proposed Friday (fun
character, getting out of usual habits a bit) but "more testing" is a
very convincing reason.

So let's target Wednesday, September 23th.

In any case, it's all about making sure that people actually do manage
to break out a bit of their "daily routine" and dedicate the day to
reviewing patches, instead of "I'll first have to do my daily standup
and then I need to finish that stuff from yesterday and maybe later in
the afternoon I might get to that patch review thingy". You get me.

andre
--
Andre Klapper | Wikimedia Bugwrangler
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/