[teampractices] pull bugs into Mingle/Trello rather than push

Matthew Flaschen mflaschen at wikimedia.org
Tue Jan 28 06:09:34 UTC 2014

On 01/22/2014 06:07 PM, S Page wrote:
> The Flow team set up Bingle[1] to pull all new bugs into Mingle. We've
> found problems with this approach:
>
> * It unbalances the sprint to continually see bugs appears in the "left"
> lane that we keep shunting off.

For our team, the Backlog does not affect the current sprint.  It's just
a list of things we may work on in a future sprint.  However, it is true
that automatically migrated URLs may not be in the format we expect.

So in preparation for setting up Bugello (not yet done for Growth),
we've set up a separate lane.  That way, we can do reformatting/possible
splitting, etc. before moving to the Backlog.

Matt Flaschen