[teampractices] Project Management Tools Evaluation

Matthew Flaschen mflaschen at wikimedia.org
Mon Jan 13 20:36:20 UTC 2014

On 01/11/2014 02:50 PM, Benjamin Sternthal wrote:
> https://blog.mozilla.org/websites/2013/06/28/kanban-web-productions-lessons-learned/
>
> I would be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Thanks, that was an interesting and helpful read.

One of the issues that Mozilla and Wikimedia share are multiple bug
trackers.  We both use Bugzilla, in addition to further issue
tracking/project management tools.  I see that you tried Scrumbugs for
integrating scrum into Bugzilla, but eventually chose to stop using that
tool.

How did you address the issue when you started using Kanbanery?  Do you
have any tasks in both Bugzilla and Kanbanery (mirrored automatically or
manually)?  Do you use both trackers, but at different levels of
abstraction (e.g. Bugzilla is for nitty-gritty, specific tasks, whereas
Kanbanery is for bigger tasks)?  Did you come up with another solution
entirely?

Thanks,

Matt Flaschen