[teampractices] Publishing notes from retrospectives and other Scrum meetings

Maryana Pinchuk mpinchuk at wikimedia.org
Tue Apr 22 00:31:41 UTC 2014

The Flow team has kinda taken it to the next level -- we do Flow
retrospectives via Flow on our Flow test wiki (yo dawg) :)
http://ee-flow.wmflabs.org/wiki/Talk:Flow_Team_Retrospective

It's not entirely public, though, in the sense that it's not a wiki most
people would visit and not prominently advertised anywhere. But then again,
you could probably say the same thing about mw.org... In any case, I think
it's nice to have all the discussions in one more or less easily-searchable
place, and, though we don't do it as much as we should, it's nice to be
able to revisit the items from last retrospective to quickly get a sense of
whether the action items got done.

On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 4:58 PM, Tomasz Finc <tfinc at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 4:53 PM, Steven Walling <swalling at wikimedia.org>
> wrote:
> > I'm wondering do others publish their retrospective notes, publicly or
> > privately within the organization? I'm not very experienced running
> these,
> > so I'm wondering what your take is.
>
> Mobile Web, App, and Zero teams publish their notes
>
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Apps/Team
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Mobile_web/Team
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikipedia_Zero#Retrospectives
>
> We really liked it and it makes engaging our users much easier to know
> where we need help. Say around community testing. I highly recommend
> it. It also lets the other mobile teams know whats working/not between
> scrum masters and engineers.
>
> --tomasz

Maryana Pinchuk
Product Manager, Wikimedia Foundation