[teampractices] How deviantART organizes its work

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Wed Nov 27 06:12:38 UTC 2013

A bit dated, but still an interesting read:
http://dt.deviantart.com/journal/We-re-all-remote-220038037

In particular, I like this idea:

- - -

Reactor

We do have one long-running project team called Reactor. Its role is
to fix bugs that aren't related to other active projects, and to
implement features that aren't large enough to warrant spinning up a
separate project. It's also where we assign all new hires initially,
so its lead developer gets to mentor them and introduce them to our
codebase. Reactor makes a good training ground since it's guaranteed
to drag developers through disparate areas of deviantART.

--
Erik Möller