[teampractices] Experimenting with Pivotal Tracker

Luis Villa lvilla at wikimedia.org
Fri Nov 15 03:23:59 UTC 2013

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 7:09 PM, Steven Walling <swalling at wikimedia.org>wrote:

> On Thursday, November 14, 2013, Luis Villa wrote:
>

>> On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 7:01 PM, Steven Walling <swalling at wikimedia.org>wrote:
>>
>>> A logistical point: Pivotal is proprietary. It's a small company based
>>> in SF and owned by VMWare. However, they officially give free unlimited
>>> access perpetually to public projects and non-profits.
>>

>> s/VMWare/EMC/
>>
>> FWIW, I've heard from at least one reasonably reliable person that
>> Pivotal has been hemorrhaging people post-acquisition. So you might want to
>> take "perpetually" with a grain of salt.
>>
>> Luis
>>

> An ex-WMFer I trust a lot works in the same umbrella org, and says this is
> not true. They have a full house and no trouble filling vacancies. People
> who left were not working on Pivotal Tracker for the most part, but were
> part of the consulting side of the Pivotal house.

My source was definitely on the consulting side, so consider a heaping pile
of salt added to my comment.

Luis

--
Luis Villa
Deputy General Counsel

NOTICE: *This message may be confidential or legally privileged. If you
have received it by accident, please delete it and let us know about the
mistake. As an attorney for the Wikimedia Foundation, for legal/ethical
reasons I cannot give legal advice to, or serve as a lawyer for, community
members, volunteers, or staff members in their personal capacity.*