[RCom-l] Peer reviewed journal?

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 16:28:17 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 13:17, Daniel Mietchen
<daniel.mietchen at googlemail.com> wrote:
> a small-scale version of something like this is on the verge to
> actually happening with PLoS Computational Biology:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia_talk:WikiProject_Molecular_and_Cellular_Biology&oldid=451739278#PLoS_Comp_Biol_Contributions
> and slide 40 at
> http://www.slideshare.net/pebourne/ten-simple-rules-for-open-access-publishers
> , given yesterday as part of
> http://oaspa.org/coasp/program.php .
> Dario and I are at that meeting with Phil, and we have been discussing
> the project in quite some detail, with a number of things still to be
> worked out.
>
> Will try to report more next week.

That's great! From the point of my work related to LangCom, it would
be good to have a procedure for publishing reviews. If I say to a
linguist that I need a description of some sociolinguistic situation,
it would be good to have at least possibility to publish it in a peer
reviewed journal, so the paper could be counted as a part of
scientific work.