[QA] [Ops] Parsoid charset corruption post-mortem

Gabriel Wicke gwicke at wikimedia.org
Tue Nov 5 03:12:27 UTC 2013

On 11/04/2013 06:17 PM, Erik Moeller wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 6:15 PM, Rob Lanphier <robla at wikimedia.org> wrote:
>> Can you explain how the release cycle works for Parsoid?  It would
>> seem implementing "Manually test VisualEditor on non-English wikis
>> before and after deployment" requires the team to have a better
>> understanding when that is.

This deployment was delayed by the VE deployment, as we depended on VE
support for the revised HTML spec. It also turned out that the VE
version deployed today depends on our support for the new format (by
emitting it for new content), which made the dependency closer than we
liked.

> Indeed - in particular it'd be great to loop in Rummana into Parsoid
> deployments now that we have her on board :)

Indeed, that would be awesome. Both VE/Parsoid integration testing and
the production cache setup need better testing and ideally staged deploys.

Gabriel