[Pywikipedia-l] Multiple user cross-site auth issues

Morten Wang nettrom at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 15:17:33 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I run a bot on two different languages of Wikipedia, with different
usernames. This seems to result in some authentication issues when I
come back to en-WP after having successfully authenticated on the
other WP (Norwegian, in this case).  I'm prompted for my password,
enter it correctly, and then get prompted again, and this can
apparently continue for as long as I'm bothered to enter passwords.

I've been thinking about looking more closely into this issue, but was
wondering if this actually is something that I should look into, or
whether it's a feature. Seems to me that running different pywikibot
directories for different languages could solve it, instead of
attempting to code for it.

Would appreciate other people's thoughts on this.

Regards,
Morten