[Pywikipedia-l] How to mass rename articles?

Bináris wikiposta at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 09:36:10 UTC 2010

2010/8/10 Merlijn van Deen <valhallasw at arctus.nl>

> Use the framework instead of relying ready-to-use bots.  Use
> the PrefixingPageGenerator combined with the RegexFilterPageGenerator (from
> pagegenerators.py) to yield the correct pages to move. Something like:

Thank you, this is really useful, I will try this!
Is your name from Merlin the wizard? :-)

I have read movepages.py, and I have found something interesting.
Movepages.py can handle regexes in some way, but it is not documented at
all. Press ctrl F and search for "regex" in the source. "r" is an option
that may be used during the program, not as command line parameter, I guess.

--
Bináris