[WikimediaMobile] Android 3 & 4-style layout mockups

Brion Vibber bvibber at wikimedia.org
Tue Jan 17 01:21:11 UTC 2012

I've added a screenshot of a partial mockup I whipped together, running on
my Galaxy Tab:

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Mobile_mockups_for_Android_style#Mockup_for_tablet
(the second pic is the new one)

This is proposing using tabs to select between 'search', 'nearby', 'saved',
and 'history' as navigation options for the left bar, and puts some key
things on the action bar as clickable options (read in..., save, and share
page), plus the overflow menu. I was too lazy to replicate the proper
overflow menu icon so it's showing a settings icon. ;)

Not fully working version is in git, my 'tabs' branch:
https://github.com/brion/Wikipedia/commits/tabs

A fair amount of basic tablet-style layout is already landed in master
though, as additional CSS and a couple JS tweaks. The Android automatic
builds should include a tweak to a sidebar / main two-column layout on
large screens, but none of the fancy menus yet.

-- brion