[WikimediaMobile] Android 3 & 4-style layout mockups

Brion Vibber bvibber at wikimedia.org
Fri Jan 13 00:02:56 UTC 2012

wwops, sent to steven only by mistake. copied to the list:

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 5:27 PM, Steven Walling <swalling at wikimedia.org>wrote:

> I dislike the lighter color of the action toolbar though on mobile (the
> delineation between content and navigation is cleaner in the current
> Android app)

We can match with the standard darker style instead if we prefer it.

and the fact that it makes the top toolbar more cluttered. Mostly all I
> want to do on mobile is search and read, and I think people are used to
> just scrolling down for more content, not using a TOC dropdown.

I think I'm agreeing that a labeled TOC dropdown is a little cluttery,
though something would be nice; scrolling through vvvveeeerrrryyyy long
articles can be a chore, especially if you're in the middle and aren't sure
whether to scroll up or down. :)

-- brion