[Mediawiki-l] Question about page protection

Adam Meyer meyer7 at mindspring.com
Wed Jun 30 16:41:38 UTC 2010

Im really not sure.

But upi may be able to protect pages through the API. If that is true, you could make an extension.
The problem is that the protect page comment requires admin access. So I guess you could have it access the page as you or a bot and protect the page.

If you know PHP, you can also use the snoopy class to act as a bot and protect the page.

If you are in the page editing it to add the extension/template... couldn't you just then protect the page? (may be less time than making a new extension)