[Mediawiki-l] Question about page protection

Vadtec vadtec at vadtec.net
Wed Jun 30 16:35:50 UTC 2010

I've posted this question twice before without so much as a courtesy response of
"Sorry, we don't know." I'd really appreciate some help with this, as I have not
been able to track down any information on protecting pages (aside from "click
protect at the top of the page") and asking in the IRC chan on freenode usually
goes unanswered as well.

Greetings all,

Is it possible for an extension to set a page as "protected"? I have a tag that
displays help info for my extension, I'd like to drop it in a page, and have the
tag set the page as protected via a parameter. The idea is to allow the tag to
display its output but have the page be protected from editing.

Thanks for any advice, much appreciated.

- Vadtec