[Mediawiki-l] Nesting Wikipedia content

Frederich, Eric P21322 eric.frederich at siemens.com
Tue Mar 20 14:37:06 UTC 2007

Is it possible on a corporate Wiki to include actual live Wikipedia
content within a page.  Possibly using a template.

The idea being that you wouldn't have to go outside of the corporate
Wiki to view certain Wikipedia content.

Because we use MediaWiki as well it might confuse users if they followed
a link, wound up at Wikipedia then tried to search Wikipedia instead of
the corporate instance.

If this is possible it would be great.  I could picture a template where
it says "The following content is not maintained within our corporate
Wiki but on Wikipedia.  Any links in the content below will bring you
outside of this Wiki and into another."

I think I have seen something before where you can include an entire
page inside of another one but I'm not sure if you can do it across
different Wikis.

Thanks,
~Eric