[Mediawiki-l] Accessing Robots.txt with the Wiki in the Domain Root

Emufarmers Sangly emufarmers at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 04:21:16 UTC 2007

I'm running a wiki (http://howdypedia.com/) with the setup on the root of
the domain; I know that you're not "supposed" to do this, but here I am.
(It's loosely based off the structure of another wiki, and changing it would
be a last resort.)

Anyway, things worked fine with this for a while, until recently, I noticed
that the robots.txt file for my domain wasn't accessible: It had been the
last time I checked, so I have to assume that a software upgrade changed
something here.  Does anyone know a way I could kludge (through .htaccess,
or whatever) robots.txt (and sitemap.txt) into being accessible, without
changing the root structure?