[Mediawiki-api] Possible API load increase from upcoming Pending Changes release

Chad innocentkiller at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 15:44:42 UTC 2010

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 11:16 AM, Platonides <platonides at gmail.com> wrote:
> ... (if diffs
>  are such a big issue, I don't know why it hasn't been already changed).

Diffs aren't the problem. It's the showing of uncached parse that's
the issue. And it's always been a problem, this is nothing new. IMHO,
diffonly should probably be set to true by default, but it would be
nice to get some pref stats / get other feedback from end-users.

I'm pretty sure that it's become a bit more obvious since the workflow
of Pending Changes has people looking at more diffs than before. I
could be wrong...

-Chad