[Mediawiki-api] Possible API load increase from upcoming Pending Changes release

Roan Kattouw roan.kattouw at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 15:41:30 UTC 2010

2010/10/7 Platonides <platonides at gmail.com>:
> For consistency, it may also be done for all of them. I don't know which
> one will they implement at the end.

It doesn't matter much either way, because action=parse is fast for
parser cache hits.

> Shouldn't an incompelte api call abort the script?

I don't think it does, but I'm not sure.

> There's already a preference "don't show content below diffs", so once
> content-less diffs get that link, the default could be changed (if diffs
>  are such a big issue, I don't know why it hasn't been already changed).

I'm not sure that it's gonna be an issue (no way to tell without
trying it out), but it makes sense to avoid wasteful requests.
Changing the default of the existing preference makes sense to me.

Roan Kattouw (Catrope)