[Maps-l] Maps interface to the users

Tim Alder tim.alder at s2002.tu-chemnitz.de
Wed Sep 9 12:13:18 UTC 2009

Hello,
to 1.) I hope that we can use the export-tab in OSM to allowed editors
to simple create maps in Mediawikis.

to 2.) For mark-ups I hope we find a system like Query-to-map [1] so
that a short entry in the wiki makes thinks like river, borders, city
districts and streets visible. There we need further development to
merge it with the current extension for higher performance and rendering
also in the static map. Also would it be nice if everything outside a
specify area could draw darker... So help is welcome.

Additionally, I think we need a clickable wikipedia layer in OSM-maps
else the users will ask us why they get such a wikipedia-layer at
google-maps but not at wikipedia.

Greetings Kolossos

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Query-to-map