[Labs-l] Ubuntu 14.04 Image

Antoine Musso hashar+wmf at free.fr
Thu Apr 17 21:13:06 UTC 2014

Le 17/04/2014 21:22, Matthew Walker a écrit :
> Ubuntu 14.04 was released this week; and I happen to have a service that
> needs a 14.04 image (PDF rendering). It would be lovely to get this into
> labs so that I can test on the beta cluster.
>
> What I'm wondering about is; can one of the labs admins create this
> image? It looks like I would need access to virt1; which I don't have.
>
> ~Matt Walker
> Wikimedia Foundation
> Fundraising Technology Team

Hello Matt,

You might want to CC on https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/60684 which is
requesting a Virtual image for Ubuntu Trusty (14.04) image on wmflabs.

>From hearsay, we got to migrate our puppet manifests to puppet 3 and of
course adjust them for the new package names that comes with Trusty.

Mind to elaborate about your PDF rendering needs?  Lot of Trusty
packages can be backported easily to Precise.  I requested/did it
multiples time for the contint servers, that might fit your needs.

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso