[Gendergap] More Dangerous to be a Woman Than a Soldier

Sarah Stierch sarah.stierch at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 16:51:00 UTC 2011

Carol - I'll take a look on Jstor and some other online resources I use for
research and see if I can scrap anything up.

And on a side note - folks, you can always ask me for research assistance if
you are ever looking for resources, I have access (like others here probably
do in education/research) to most major research facilities - from visual
art for fair use to countless scholarly publications. And I'm happy to
download and email you anything you need (but don't tell "The Man" that I
said that!), since it's for research purposes, of course.

-Sarah

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 12:45 PM, <carolmooredc at verizon.net> wrote:

> This is something that's been on my mental list of articles to write.
> Someday... "Rape in the U.S. Military"
>
> Just searched rape U.S. military in wikipedia and just a mention of
> Okinawa, not the horrific statistics.
> "Crime and U.S. military" (safer article to start with to avoid AfD)
> showed nothing  as well.
>
> Put a note on feminist wikiproject (i'm flustered dealing with crashing
> computer, new one in mail, and occupying DC, or a day or two anyway,
> just long enough to convince them --
>
> well, let's not talk politics... but I do have some sexist pig peace
> activists I'll probably be running into... one of whom has a vanity
> article on wikipedia... don't get me started...
>
> Carol in dc
>
> On 10/4/2011 12:28 PM, Sarah Stierch wrote:
> > Intense (and brief) piece from Forbes about women as victims in war in
> > Africa:
> >

> http://www.forbes.com/sites/shenegotiates/2011/10/04/more-dangerous-to-be-a-woman-than-a-soldier/
> >
> > You'll also notice that Forbe's cites Wikipedia's article about
> > micro-lending!
> >
> > -

GLAMWIKI Partnership Ambassador for Wikimedia <http://www.glamwiki.org>
Wikipedian-in-Residence, Archives of American
Art<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:SarahStierch>
and
Sarah Stierch Consulting
*Historical, cultural & artistic research & advising.*