[Foundation-l] NPG still violating copyright

Scott MacDonald doc.wikipedia at ntlworld.com
Sun Jun 12 22:53:01 UTC 2011

Back in March this year, I pointed out in Wikien-1 that the UKs National
Portrait Gallery, was reusing Wikipedia content (and in particular my work)
without any attribution (and indeed was claiming copyright).

http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikien-l/2011-March/108731.html

This got some attention at the time, and coverage in the en.wp Signpost.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Signpost/2011-03-21/News_an
d_notes

The matter ended when it was indicated that WMF people in the GLAM project
would raise it with the NPG as a matter of urgency.

However, I note that the NPG continues to use copyrighted material without
attribution and with a false copyright claim.
http://www.npg.org.uk/collections/search/person.php?search=sa&LinkID=mp07767