[Foundation-l] Board resolutions on controversial content and images of identifiable people

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 21:52:26 UTC 2011

On 1 June 2011 21:35, Nathan <nawrich at gmail.com> wrote:

> Forgive me if I find these resolutions rather toothless; this is
> another in a string of board resolutions that simply "urge the
> projects." I'd love to understand what the Board thinks such
> resolutions will accomplish.

It says very effectively (I thought) to the censorious: "We have given
your position a great deal of due careful consideration, and urge you
to go away. The issue is dead." Of course, I could just be projecting
my own feelings onto it. In which case, it's even better.

It should be thought of, IMO, as being primarily for external consumption.

- d.