[Foundation-l] Blink tag jokes are now obsolete.

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 09:55:29 UTC 2011

geni, 31/12/2011 10:22:
>> And
>> they are also used for displaying bilingual messages, which is very
>> useful for areas in which you can't be sure whether people prefer
>> English or the local language, like India.
>
> Except both versions I was getting were in English.

I guess you mean the set of banners about «This is it. Last day to make
a tax-deductible contribution to keep Wikipedia free in 2012» (and
variations[1]).
I'd be interested to know whether Sue was true when she said that donors
don't care much about tax deducibility, but here we have to consider
also the "last [3] day[s]", "pay the bills" and blinking banner effects.

Nemo

[1]
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:NoticeTemplate&offset=2339&limit=57>