[Foundation-l] Chapters

Bence Damokos bdamokos at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 15:09:09 UTC 2011

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 5:01 PM, Risker <risker.wp at gmail.com> wrote:

> It does strike me as odd that, given the legendary openness of
> Wikimedia-related projects and activities, at least the basic provisions of
> the chapter agreement isn't widely accessible. It would be very
> demotivating
> for groups to come together, gather momentum to move toward a more formal
> relationship with the WMF, and then find out that their ability to form a
> chapter is proscribed by conflicts between local requirements and the WMF
> standard chapter agreement.  While I recognize that such a document can't
> really be crowd-sourced, it might be helpful to at least have it publicly
> available for reading. That is, unless each chapter agreement is
> significantly customized for the needs of the individual chapters.

Hi Risker,

The chapter agreement should be public. There is a version of it at
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Agreement_between_chapters_and_Wikimedia_Foundation,
which might be slightly out of sync with a version on an internal wiki; most
chapters sign the exact same agreement (
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Chapter_agreements).

The fundraising agreement that the WMF now seems to back out of should also
be public: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_agreement.

The proposed grant agreement is currently on an internal wiki and not
public.

Best regards,
Bence