[Foundation-l] The problem with Incubator: An interactive journey

M. Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 01:47:47 UTC 2011

Well the problem is that http://www.wikipedia.org/ should remain "language
neutral" IMHO. Otherwise, I would propose a link that says "Is your language
not listed here?".

Unless anyone has any better ideas, perhaps we could work around this by
having such a message (which is relatively short), but written in the
browser accept language of the reader? Alternatively, we could translate it
into languages that are most commonly used as Languages of Wider
Communication by speakers of minority languages worldwide: English, Spanish,
Portuguese, French, Chinese, Swahili, Hindi, Indonesian.
In the case of places like http://en.wikipedia.org/ main page, it should not
be an issue to have the notice in English (or the appropriate other
language, eg Spanish for es.wp) only, although perhaps it would be better to
be less wordy and go with something like "Other" after a list of languages.

Mark