[Foundation-l] Chapters

Gustavo Carrancio gustavocarra at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 21:20:13 UTC 2011

Just I have to say Amen to you, Anthere. I see your point.

In addition, chapters need some time to make his job, that is, to involve
relevant people, to create a local structure that engages people to the real
benefits for an enterprise, a  council, an academic institution with free
knowledge. This is a very big challenge since some goverment or academic
institutions, or even relevant people in that institutions are unwilling to
adapt themselves to this new way of thinking budgets, programs... There's a
lot of thechnophobia overthere...

Fundraising must not be an obsession for chapters in the beggining. We're
idealist, we don't need money. Support in reaching academics, outreach,
educational are far more important to us.

Medicos Mundi Spain have more or less the same budget as the entire WMF.
This is a point to think about.