[Foundation-l] Chapters

Yaroslav M. Blanter putevod at mccme.ru
Tue Aug 9 14:54:54 UTC 2011

> Wow, this is a gross misrepresentation of the reality.
>
> While Foundation staff has provided an invaluable support to make the
> fundraiser a success, it probably wouldn't have been such a success
> hadn't there been dozens of volunteers, among which _many_ chapter
> board members and simple members who spent uncounted hours of
> localizing and adapting messages, providing stories, refining landing
> pages, answering donors questions etc.
>
> You may want to look at the fundraising pages on meta to see the level
> of involvement of the community as a whole in making it a success, and
> even that does not give a real idea of how much chapters' communities
> have participated (much happens on their chapters' mailing lists for
> example).

Delphine, do you mean the above applies to ALL chapters? I would doubt it.
Without giving names, I am not involved with any chapters at all, but what
I hear of some of them is indeed a lot of useful activity including
fundraising, project proposals etc, whereas I only hear of others when they
get involved into some quarrels or controversies. May be this is then not
so much of a misinterpretation.

Cheers
Yaroslav