[Foundation-l] should not web server logs (of requests) be published?

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Sun Nov 28 23:51:44 UTC 2010

In a message dated 11/28/2010 3:36:34 PM Pacific Standard Time,
russnelson at gmail.com writes:

> You misbelieve. Listen to Aude. She knows what she's talking about.

I'd rather have Aude cite a reliable source.
People are not reliable sources.  No living person is such an authority
that we should listen to that person.  Not even on their own biography, much
less anything else.

The role of the expert is not to spout dogma, but rather to build a case
using citable sources.  No one is immune from this diction.  The Archangel
Gabriel told me so.

On a side-note you completely ignored what I actually stated.
Aude mentioned the checkuser logs.  I pointed out that IP server logs are
*not* the same thing as checkuser logs.  The privacy policy states that these
exist, that they are kept.  It states or at least implies that as I said,
they are not the same thing as the checkuser logs.

It does not state for how long, either is kept.

So there.