[Foundation-l] A question for American Wikimedians

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 20:27:49 UTC 2010

For some time I am a bit puzzled by the fact that I don't know any
African American Wikimedian. For some time just because I am living in
a European country without African population, so everything seemed to
me quite normal for a long time.

I tried to make a parallel between Roma people and African Americans,
but it is not a good one. It is very hard to find a Roma with
university degree. At the other side, two former State Secretaries are
African Americans and present US president is almost, too.

What are the reasons? Why American Wikimedian community is exclusively white?

Maybe the answer to that question would give us an idea what should we
solve to get more contributors.