[Foundation-l] Wikipedia's 10th anniversary

Jay Walsh jwalsh at wikimedia.org
Wed Nov 17 02:01:14 UTC 2010

(x-posted on a few lists)

Hi folks,

Just to follow up on Steven's note... I just uploaded the mockups of the Wikipedia 10 and new Wikipedia t-shirts to ten.wikipedia.org:
http://ten.wikipedia.org/wiki/Design/Merchandise

Kits of merchandise, each containing 50 shirts and other fun stuff described on that page, will be available to registered Wikipedia 10 celebrators all over the world.  The Wikipedia 10 'team' shirts are, alas, in english, but we hope they'll prove highly visible and fun alongside the Wikipedia shirts.

You'll also see there are some buttons and stickers that can be used to dress up any other outfits or celebration spaces.

Post your event at http://ten.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Event to ensure we get a supply of merchandise to you.

The design concept is also housed on the same wiki:
http://ten.wikipedia.org/wiki/Design

Which is all about remix and localize!  Some volunteers have already localized the marks in their own languages and geographies.  They template blanks are there and standing by to be added to.  And of course you can always add completely original concepts to his page as well. They're all being housed on WM Commons:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Wikipedia_10

We're thankful to David Peters, a design consultant who has been working with us for about two years now for putting the time into this concept.  I hope it makes it joins a wide range of other images and designs that help us celebrate this one-of-a-kind milestone!

Please continue the conversation on the wikix-l mailing list per Steven's instructions below.  That way we keep the conversation focussed on the events and activities.

Thanks,
jay