[Foundation-l] naming of things in kosovo

Fred Bauder fredbaud at fairpoint.net
Mon Nov 15 16:03:40 UTC 2010

> I have done a write up of the current issues with the naming and
> invite you to please read and comment.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Mdupont#Naming_and_status_of_Kosovo_pages
>
> I suggest some things and would like to find agreement, we need to
> figure out the right way forward on this issue so we can improve the
> quality of the articles.
>
> Even if we don't change the names of the articles, we have to make
> sure that the articles are usable for people if they only know the
> albanian or serbian name. We need to also clean up the entire Parallel
> article structure for the Districts of Kosovo, Districts of Kosovo
> (serbia) and Municipalities of Kosovo.  The district scheme is totally
> outdated and confusing. It reduces the quality of the Wikipedia to
> have POV Forks.
> thanks
> mike

Mike,

That's a good start. Now take the discussion to the Kosovo project AND
the Serbian project and to the English Wikipedia mailing list:
wikien-l at lists.wikimedia.org Come back here only if you are getting
serious grief from one or more POV Serbian editors.

You might try a Request for comment too. Bottom line, for this purpose we
are one village with both Serbians and Albanians. You're going to have to
work together.

Fred Bauder