[Foundation-l] Should we offer to host citizendium?

FT2 ft2.wiki at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 12:27:48 UTC 2010

In business I have found that the most successful companies are those
that reach out, build relationships with, and where possible help
others that are compatible. So this makes very strong sense to me.

The main thing would be making sure it is clear in the media that we
do so as an educational charity, ie by grant or collaborative
agreement or whatever. So that it helps explain what we stand for
(most people know us as an encyclopedia, not even a volunteer
non-profit!).  There is an issue of market positioning here, or
changing perception of a position, and it needs careful handling to
ensure it's communicated. A corporate making such a move publicly for
the first time would probably put out a press announcement or
conference to ensure there was enough attendance and attention that
its central points were properly heard. WMF could do worse than do
that too.

Some prime time coverage of WMF CEO: "As one of the worlds largest
volunteer educational charity movements in human numbers, we have
begun supporting other compatible movements in order to ensure a
healthy provision of many different sources of free information. Our
first (1/2/3) projects supported are (A/B/C)", would do the

FT2