[Foundation-l] Money, politics and corruption

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 03:46:36 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 5:39 AM, Cool Hand Luke
<User.CoolHandLuke at gmail.com> wrote:
> As a temporary resident of Chicago, I would like to think I have a vague
> understanding of corruption.  Why on earth would it even be worthwhile to
> corruptly influence an independent volunteer boot-strap operation like a
> Wikimedia chapter?
>
> I mean, what the hell are you even talking about?
>
> No one needs to mention names or specific acts, but I'm having a hard time
> conceiving what chapter corruption would even look like.  Picking certain
> popular members to go to events?  Milos seems to have something more
> sinister in mind; an infiltration by wicked corporations.

Fortunately, it is not about wicked corporations, at least it is not
in the narrow sense. We haven't come into that position. But, I can
expect that it could be a problem in the future if we won't handle
present issues properly. It is about more simple kinds of problems,
which you think that they are less likely.