[Foundation-l] Self-determination of language versions in questions of skin?

Aryeh Gregor Simetrical+wikilist at gmail.com
Sun Jul 4 14:55:24 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 7:29 PM, Martin Maurer <martinmaurer73 at gmail.com> wrote:
> May I ask for an official Yes or No answer from the Foundation, please?

I don't think it's reasonable to demand a yes or no answer to a vague
hypothetical question.  The answer might depend on the community's
stated reasons for the request, how many people support or oppose,
whether there seems to be a risk of people quitting the project or
forking, and many other factors.  I think it's safe to guess that
there are some possible conditions under which Wikimedia would switch
a project temporarily back to Monobook if asked, and other conditions
under which it would not.  You have to actually formulate a request
and get consensus for it to get an answer, because the people
responsible for making the decision will need to look at the
particular circumstances.