[Foundation-l] ASCAP comes out against "copyleft"

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Fri Jul 2 22:45:50 UTC 2010

In a message dated 7/2/2010 3:20:37 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
wiki-list at phizz.demon.co.uk writes:

> Nothing competes with free, why would you pay for an album when your
> mates just download it for nothing? >>

Gee I don't know.  Why are people still renting videos from Netflix when
you can watch 500 free movies on YouTube?  I think you're being specious.

There are already companies making money with this model.  Just because
don't *want* to use it, doesn't mean that they aren't going to be *forced* to
use it, by the market.

Now I can rent a DVD for one dollar a day at 7 eleven.  So what is
Blockbuster going to do with that?  Go down to one dollar also?  Or go out of
business?  Or do the online thing for say... fifty cents?  And which is smarter?
Fighting or changing?

If you can't adapt, then you're doomed.  Just ask the giant tree sloth, and
the woolley mammoth.