[Foundation-l] excluding Wikipedia clones from searching

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Fri Dec 10 16:16:44 UTC 2010

In a message dated 12/9/2010 11:06:30 PM Pacific Standard Time,
jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com writes:

> Google does it, archive.org (wayback machine) does it, we can copy
> them for caching and searching i assume. we are not changing the
> license, but just preventing the information from disappearing on us. >>

You are thinking of refs which are out-of-copyright.
Google books only gives snippet views of some books still under copyright
for which they've not gotten permission to show an entire page at a time
(which is preview mode).

archive.org as well has copies of works out-of-copyright (or otherwise in
the public domain)

Your original statement was that we should copy refs.  Many or most of our
refs are under copyright still.
We would not be able to do what you suggest imho.