[Foundation-l] Heads up: Usability test recruiting underway

Delphine Ménard notafishz at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 17:22:29 UTC 2009

A bit late, I'm catching up on emails. :)

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 08:51, Naoko Komura <nkomura at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> One of the important components of the usability initiative is to
> conduct multiple rounds of usability tests.  The plan is to conduct at
> least three rounds of tests for qualitative usability evaluation over
> the span of twelve months, i) the initial evaluation, ii) the progress
> evaluation, and iii) the final evaluation.  The initial usability test
> is scheduled on March 24, 25th and 26th.  In-person lab tests are
> conducted in San Francisco at the first two days, and remote tests will
> be conducted on the third day.
>
> As a preparation for the initial usability test, we incorporated the
> recruiting tool into English Wikipedia's site notice. You might have
> encountered site notice inviting for the participation. The target
> audience of testers are Wikipedia readers who have little or no
> experience in editing the Wikipedia articles.  The banner is displayed
> within the range of 1:400 to 1:100 page views, and it will continue till
> early next week.
>
> We look forward to learning from the usability tests and sharing the
> result with you.

Are there any plans to have usability tests in other languages than
English and other "cultures" than "North-American"? It seems to me
these two factors actually would play quite a role in the way people
interact with the software and probably should be taken into account.

Thanx,

Delphine
--
~notafish