[Foundation-l] Heads up: Usability test recruiting underway

Naoko Komura nkomura at wikimedia.org
Fri Mar 6 07:51:35 UTC 2009

One of the important components of the usability initiative is to
conduct multiple rounds of usability tests.  The plan is to conduct at
least three rounds of tests for qualitative usability evaluation over
the span of twelve months, i) the initial evaluation, ii) the progress
evaluation, and iii) the final evaluation.  The initial usability test
is scheduled on March 24, 25th and 26th.  In-person lab tests are
conducted in San Francisco at the first two days, and remote tests will
be conducted on the third day.

As a preparation for the initial usability test, we incorporated the
recruiting tool into English Wikipedia's site notice. You might have
encountered site notice inviting for the participation. The target
audience of testers are Wikipedia readers who have little or no
experience in editing the Wikipedia articles.  The banner is displayed
within the range of 1:400 to 1:100 page views, and it will continue till
early next week.

We look forward to learning from the usability tests and sharing the
result with you.

Thanks.

Naoko ... on behalf of the usability team.

--
Support Free Knowledge:  http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Donate

--
Support Free Knowledge:  http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Donate