[Foundation-l] Analysis of statistics

Yaroslav M. Blanter putevod at mccme.ru
Fri Jul 24 15:24:42 UTC 2009

>> Do you have any ideas how to get them? As I still believe, for many
>> articles this is a meta issue, meaning that it is likely that only a few
>> people in the world have necessary expertise AND a wish to edit the
>> articles, and they all speak English, but may have random mothertongues
>> (not necessarily German speakers).
>
> You're right, but it's only part of the story.
>  Another side of the coin is: even relatively young PhDs don't like
> the idea to contribute to the progect which is of the "youth and
> teenagers for youth and teenagers" type.

Yes, but this is another (albeit related) issue. I do not think we should
tie them together for this discussion.

Right, just for the last week I have been involved in a mediation of a
conflict in the article which is directly related to my professional
activity (meaning I am much more qualified than both sides of the
conflict). In the end of the day, I had to give up and quit the mediation.
I am an academic and still under 45 (though coming close).

Cheers
Yaroslav