[Foundation-l] Wikia leasing office space to WMF

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Fri Jan 23 22:20:10 UTC 2009

2009/1/23 Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com>:
> Sounds good. Could you calmly and sensibly explain it to me, then? How
> did you come to decide that the addition benefits of working in
> Wikia's offices were worth the extra money? (I'm willing to accept
> that there could be a good explanation, I'd just like to see it.)

I already named some of them - greater proximity, shared kitchen use,
shared speakerphone use, established Internet connectivity. The other
space we were looking at also had noise issues: open concept with two
other tenants, and some noise every day at 6PM due to music lessons in
the same building.
--
Erik Möller
Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation