[Foundation-l] Board resolutions (chapters)

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 08:48:11 UTC 2009

Hoi,
When the New York people get their chapter, they are part of the USA legal
system. It makes sense imho opinion to have a NY chapter if this is
necessary to organise things that require a legal setting. Things like
charitable donations. If these aspects are not relevant, there is no real
need to have a chapter. It is then more of a society.

When a "chapter" like New York is allowed then there is in essence nothing
to have another "sub chapter "in another country.. In the end when it is all
about community and community activity, an Amsterdam chapter is as valid as
a Dutch chapter right ?
Thanks,
       GerardM