[Foundation-l] Positive mention of Wikimedia sites in a web privacy study:

Dennis During dcduring at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 11:33:22 UTC 2009

I would so much like it if we had aggregate statistics about our users and
their behavior while retaining our exemplary privacy culture.

At Wiktionary it seems to me that the absence of statistics about users,
especially anons, seems to lead us to a culture of serving ourselves rather
than users, not in the largest matters, but in countless small matters of
entry layout, subsidiary entries, help etc.  This is not to evil motives. It
is mostly due to the active editors defaulting to using themselves as models
of the typical user.  The ability of experienced users to customize makes
the practice quite ridiculous.  Our efforts to solicit feedback give us a
view of users the bias of which is uncalibrated.